Friday, January 05, 2007

I'm the Best at What I Do...

... well i'm practising at least.

Over the holidays I picked up a copy of Photoshop and decided to hunt down some tutorials. Having looked around I found the best to be on
http://www.tutorialized.com and here are some of the results. The first was meant to be done with a fairground image but all I had was a Lego Spiderman. This gives me a spacey kind of feel or a fairground feel.

Spider-man Star Effect The second is a star field which was used by adding noise to a black canvas and then making the bits glow.


Third image is a planet taken from a flat texture to a glowing planet, I attempted to shadow out the bottom segment of the planet to make it look like the sun is shining from the other side.

The last image I created was text with a glass effect and I think this was one of the better ones that I did.


From starting out at knowing very little about Photoshop I think I have progressed a little and know more about the software and a few of it's capabilities. Hopefully the only way is up from here and I hope to complete some more tutorials as this is the best way to learn software.

4 comments:

Julian Dyer said...

Good to see you are starting to use Photoshop more, Chris. You'll soon start to realise how good the program is.

You may want to try looking at this chrome text tutorial (http://www.idigitalemotion.com/tutorials/chrome.html) which is quite cool, and I found this Spiderman one which I think you will like (http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorial/Spiderman-out-of-bounds/14192)

You may want to try buying a magazine like Photoshop Creative, as its full of interesting things you can do with Photoshop. Also, try Photoshop Image Ready CS2, which allows you to make roll over buttons etc.

Julian Dyer said...

www.tutorialized.com/tutorial
/Spiderman-out-of-bounds/14192

That URL again as it seems to have cut it off.

Chris Towell said...

I have a few magazines at home but they seemed a little hard but now I know a bit of what I'm doing they do seem easier.

As for the Spider-man tutorial looks really complicated but will give it a go. Hopefully I will get better though with a lot of practice as I don't think I've actually closed PhotoShop this holiday (apart from the time I've been playing with my remote controlled car I got for christmas lol)

Craig Burgess said...

To say you've gone from never using Photoshop to producing those images is a noticeable improvement. I'm glad you've been messing about with it over Christmas because like Julian says:

It's "good".