Thursday, April 26, 2007

Look I Don't Make Those Mistakes Anymore...

I think overall the last few weeks have been very productive having managed to complete the Style Guide (barring a few changes) and the referral work on the builder website. There was slight panic on Thursday afternoon when I was trying to hand it in because when it was being looked at no changes were evident. This was due to poor file structuring. I do feel slightly stupid as I changed the file sizes on my memory stick but changed the white space issue on the college network.

I finally started to create the CD this week using the words from the track listing and title of the cd to try and give me ideas. I have yet to create something concrete but I am getting there.

I came back this week thinking that I was slightly behind but from the feedback group and other people it seems that I have done a lot more than I thought. Having the Style Guide completed was a target for coming back to college as was the CO-ID. Having finished them all it has lifted a weight off my shoulders.

I have only a few changes to do to my surprise so this weeks task is to complete the Style Guide changes and the CD Label as this will be the easiest hopefully. I want to create a simple CD Label maybe just a plain back and then concentrate on the main CD Sleeve and Inlay. It's just a constant battle with Photoshop so far to get the right desired effect and I do feel a bit stupid because I did have a good attempt except I forgot to up the DPI to 300.

1 comment:

Scott Dunwoodie said...

"A constant battle with Photoshop?", is this the same Chris who was reeling off keyboard shortcuts to Craig A in class last week.

You could publish your good attempt as you only need 72dpi for the web.