Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Meanwhile on the Von Doom Space Station...

Well assignment day is looming ever so near and I am on track to finishing. With only the booklet to finish and to PageMaker the final documents with bleed marks. Lastly a pre flight document is required and to finish my evaluation.

I finally finished my CD Inlay and CD Label after a 'Skirmish' with Photoshop and wasting £1.20 in printing credit. However I did finish with a CD Inlay that I was happy with. If your printing with PageMaker and find your tiffs to be of a poor quality (like I did) there is an option in the Options menu under Print to adjust this. Using this changed the output quality of mine from fuzzy to really sharp edges.

The Inlay has been finished completely with the PageMaker file completed. I am worried that the booklet may take longer than I want it to but I have a week to come up with a design and create it. I can still tweak it next Wednesday.

Over the next week I plan to get this booklet finished and thus the evaluation for the overall CD design.

Having the bulk of the work complete has taken a weight off of my mind and even though the thought of slacking off is there I have resisited.

** AND FINALLY SPIDER-MAN 3 IS OUT TOMORROW **

1 comment:

Craig Burgess said...

I struggled with getting my final CD cover to print exactly how I wanted it to as well, but it's just a matter of tweaking it. Seeing as though I got I new printer over the weekend I've just used my home printer to get it spot on exactly how I wanted it.

That's been the main difficulty with my CD cover production really, the final printing. I'd definitely be requesting a proof if this was for commercial print.