Friday, November 30, 2007

Interlude...

As requested here is the CD Tracklisting for my Culture Vulture CD. I had noticed whilst listening to it that most of the songs are from Soundtracks so I will also add where they are from.

  1. Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis
  2. Battle in the Forgotten City - Uematsu Nobuo - Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
  3. Stop the Rock - Apollo 440 - Gone in 60 Seconds
  4. He Wasn't - Avril Lavigne
  5. Life is a Highway - Rascal Flatts - Cars (Disney Pixar)
  6. The Bartender and the Thief - The Stereophonics - Gran Turismo 2
  7. The End of Heartache - Killswitch Engage - Resident Evil: Apocalypse
  8. Trouble - Shampoo - Power Rangers: The Movie*
  9. Canadian Idiot - "Weird Al"
  10. The Night Santa went Crazy - "Weird Al"
  11. Feed the Addiction - Ils - NFS Most Wanted
  12. Signal Fire - Snow Patrol - Spider-Man 3
  13. Hoppípolla - Sigur Rós
  14. Those Who Fight Further - Uematsu Nobuo - Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
  15. Chase of the Highway - Uetsu Nobuo & Kawamaori Keiji - Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

I really like the last two tracks which are instrumentals and they are from the best parts of the Advent Children film. 14 is from the scene where Cloud & Co. are fighting the Aeon Bahamut and 15 is from the scene where Cloud is involved in a highway chase on motorbikes whilst sword fighting Loz and Yazoo.

*Yes I am ashamed to know this...

4 comments:

Liam Corfield said...

I must say Chris, you have a great taste in both music and films. and there is such a verity too.

Im not too sure about Avril Lavigne though.

Chris Towell said...

Thanks. I have to say making this CD was a lot harder than it looks. I had so many songs that I wanted to add but couldn't and it turns out I had 3 minutes to spare.

Julian Dyer said...

I must say that I did enjoy the song from the Cars movie, it an American, rock pop, optimistic, affluent and upbeat kind of way.

I’ve not seen the film myself, firstly because we don’t have it, and secondly that our telly is wonky down one edge and would ruin it if we did.

Picking music for films must be one of those dream jobs, along with designing album covers and food testing chocolate. I think my sister wrote her dissertation on it for her animation degree, but it was probably as miserable and irrelevant as she is.

I don’t know how you could have left 3 minutes left at the end! You could have easily squeezed another song into that. Making the CD was a challenge, as this entire unit has been and will continue to be until it is finished.

Chris Towell said...

It was going to be that one or the opening song by Cheryl Crow - "Real Gone", which again is another favourite from the film that and "Route 66" and "Find Yourself" which is completely different to the other 3.

It is a really good film and I went to see it in the cinema and is probably the best film I've seen at the cinema. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it definitely shows that Disney Pixar films aren't just for kids Or is it that I'm just a big kid? Can't wait for Toy Story 3! (2010) (Yeah I'm a big kid).

Testing chocolate? could there be a better job? Although it would be good to pick songs for a film. Must be an expensive job though because I don't think you could just buy it from iTunes...

As for the 3 minutes at the end I think it took into account Mr Pugh's extended remix.