Thursday, November 09, 2006

'I Need More Arms'

Time planning has to be sorted, I was with the understanding that they had to be done weekly but apparently there needs to be one that starts on the Issue Date and ends on the Submission Date. As this is a merit criteria I have swiftly amended it, or have started to. As it stands it looks like i'm not good at juggling. This is probably down to the nerves of the last assignment and the thought "Can do better".

Wednesdays lesson focused on Layout Principles, the four main being

1) Proximity - Where the Page Elements are placed
2) Alignment - How they are aligned (Not Centred)
3) Repetition - Consistency
4) Contrast - Differences between page elements

Not completely sure about the contrast bit but that could be some self study, as if I don't have enough. Rest of the day was assignment work.

Thursday turned out to be a 'Mini Adventure' but without the Mini. In it's place was a rather big green bus with a bit of a smoking problem. Sat on the back seat coming into Selby thick white smoke came out of the back seat, well I've never got off a bus so fast. Bus driver quote when I told him "Oh my god it is!"

Eventually got to college a bit late (sorry) and walked into a lecture on colour space and the different ways to show a colour. Hex, RGB, CMYK. Then a quick quiz which I failed miserably 1 out of 3 showed that I need to re-read my notes.

Anyway self study for this week is to finish of The Designers Republic essay and do a fair bit on the Back to Basic web plan. I feel I know what I'm meant to be discussing in this essay after the feedback session on Thursday, although the addition to the assignment brief.

"A particular fruitful approach may be to investigate the margin between 'Art' and 'Design'."

To which my brain said eh? what? Now I feel I can answer this better than I could have done last week. It did however spark off a good discussion in the lesson which was quite amusing to listen to.

1 comment:

Craig Burgess said...

Ahh... that dreaded time planning phrase. It makes everything so much easier when you sort out what you're doing when, I've figured out.