Thursday, November 16, 2006

'You're Looking Rather Green Mr Osborn...'

This week added some colour into my life in the form of the Colour Wheel. Wednesday started with a lecture about the colour theory which had us in our feedback groups 'discussing emotions and feelings linked with colour'. i.e. White as a sheet, seeing red, green with envy etc.

Having previously done a graphics course I have already heard of the colour wheel but I did learn some new terms used such as Triadic and the Tetradic colour schemes.

Thursday's lecture focused on compressions of images which helped a little on the assignment, however my brain has hit the eh? what? stage yet again. I don't really know what I am writing only that I am comparing the image compression formats GIF, JPEG and PNG. I guess I have an idea of what I'm meant to be writing. I think that it's just the word count that is a bit off-putting.

Apart from that assignment A3 is going well I have a good set of achieveable goals. Everything seems to be going to 'plan', assignment 4 is worrying me a bit but I just need to focus more. Self study is starting to be a bit of an issue what with work messing up a few days last week but now I have 3 days to nail A4 part 1+2 allowing more time for A3 to get done.

2 comments:

Gem said...

Hi Chris,
I just though I'd comment on how well I think you write your blog due to the email from steve regarding evaluation. I think you are to the point and evaluative which makes it very readable and provokes comment.

Chris Towell said...

Thanks Gemma