Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Back to the Drawing Board!

The first three weeks have been a totally different experience for me compared to last year. For a start the assignments are a bit harder than last year and there is more emphasis on "do it yourself!" I don't really have a problem with this as I like to just get on with things. Another was the welcoming addition of air conditioning making the room ice cool!

Finding out about the referral for A8 was a bit of a shock as I thought I had done better on that assignment. I understand why and the mistakes were all minor ones apart from the missing evaluation.

I am really looking forward to completing the team project as I am in a team with Scott and Julian. Our team name is Pen to Pix but we did get off to a bit of a false start with the presentation for the project, not really knowing what to expect and not asking the right questions, but we still managed to claim work from one of the clients. I think I am happier developing a sports website than opposed to a nursery but this site does seem to be a bit big on the development side. However this can easily be tackled by the learning of CSS!!.

New to 'Blogs' or sorry Learning Plans was the structured topic for each entry. As you can see this weeks is a Evaluation of the first 3 weeks and I think I'm happier writing when I have a topic now. I enjoyed writing last weeks blog because it felt like a personal evaluation of my skills and made me think about what I have learned over the years.

Box Clever is the assignment I was most looking forward to as it is the first creative assignment of the second year. I did feel the themes were a bit limited from the original theme list but I have decided to go with the "Pencil & Paper" theme. I think this could provide the largest possible range of ideas but also simple ideas.

On the whole this year is shaping up to be a good one and am glad that I'm still on course learning hard. I'm really looking forward to Flash unit and have one or two ideas that could be done.

For the next week I aim to have the creative thumbnails to be completed, starting on any Photoshop documents required and finished Task 1.

And on a final note I have a new job!!

2 comments:

Scott Dunwoodie said...

I think we will have a better idea on the scale of the project when we actually get to meet our client.

Researching the technical requirements of CMS will be beneficial to us all even if we don't use it on this assignment.

Good to hear about the job too!

Craig Burgess said...

I agree Scott, we've got a crystal clear view of the scope of our project now, and it feels a lot better knowing where to go next.

Hope you meet up with the client soon Scott / Chris.