Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Into the Abyss

The next 6 months...
Over the next 6 months I am hoping to get at least 4 Merits in the assignments that I complete. I have received passes so far for the assignments I have already completed and now want to push my self to attain at least Merits. In order to achieve this there will need to be a more thorough approach with my time planning and I have now adopted another method for monitoring the learning outcomes. This is in the form of a Checklist started at the beginning of the assignment with all of the learning outcomes on. When I have met one of them I either cross off that particular outcome or, what I think would be better, is add on the reference to where it is in the assignment.

Another personal goal for the next 6 months is to improve my knowledge of some areas in Web Development that I am unsure of.

I am also wanting to complete something in the area of Flash in the next six months to help 'bulk up' my portfolio in my spare time. I am interested in the area of Flash and animation and can use the software but as of yet have not completed anything to show this. I feel that this would be a good opportunity both to show off my skills and add to my portfolio.

As a designer I feel I have grown in confidence but I believe this still needs a lot of work and this could be one of the reasons why I have only been getting passes. So over the next six months I would like to try and improve this.

The next 2-3 years
Over the next 3 years I am wanting to complete this course with at least 4 Merits and above. I aim to be in a design company doing Flash animation work and web development work. Further down the line I would like to branch out on my own and start a Web Design company of my own and develop it into a bigger business.

1 comment:

Julian Dyer said...

I am also aiming to get 4 Merit grades this year, Chris. I think this will be a really tall order, as the assignments this year are a lot more heavy going, and the game has been raised quite considerably.

I am also putting together a check list for the assignments, so I can constantly make sure I'm getting tasks finished when they need to be.

I may be a good idea to assemble assignments as you go, so you can see which parts needs more attention than others. You can get narrow arch leaver files to keep all your work in, and will help to keep time plans in order.