Friday, September 29, 2006

Week 1

I received my first assignments for the course this week to plan a website. A lot of research involved but today I managed to choose a person to design it on and find at least two competitive sites to compare to.

Goals for the site have been done but was a bit unsure as to what actual goals were. One correct goal was to "Create a website with a page size smaller than 40k". This can be measured but other goals like "Create an informative, educational website" couldn't be as I can't evaluate the goal because there wouldn't be a function to measure if the goal was met or not. However I managed to get 4 goals which are both achievable and measurable.

The final thing I managed to look at was target audiences. As this is going to be an informative site it will generally be viewed by students, but a few minutes research showed that not only students would look at it.

Work for next week is to complete the target audience section and start to research into the many different technologies involved in creating and maintaining a website.

No comments: