Friday, September 29, 2006

Where have I come from?

When I left school I started the AVCE ICT 12 Unit course at Selby College covering units like Web Development. In this course I discovered software such as Dreamweaver and Flash. This is when I found Web Development to be a keen interest so when this course finished I looked into courses doing Multimedia and Web Develpoment. A lecturer showed me the Foundation Degree in E-business and I wanted to do the course straight away so I enrolled and, in the end, completed the course.

From the AVCE ICT course I have practised using the software Flash and Dreamweaver, and as of lately Photoshop. As I have done this my interest in the programs has grown and have found that this is definitely the career I would like to go into.

Whilst doing the Foundation Degree I was, and still am, working in a retail shop, and 5-6 months ago I was given the job of acting supervisor and started working full time. Recently, due to the stress of the job, I have been feeling that this is not what I want to be doing for the rest of my life so I decided to do something about this and looked for a course in Web Development and Multimedia. This is when I came across the HND Interactive Media course.

Where am I now?

I am currently still doing shop work but have cut down my hours to 3 days a week which will let me focus more on the course and what I really want to do in the future. Now that I am on a course which I have a greater interest in I feel that I can progress and achieve my goals. Being on this course I hope I can further my knowledge of the software programs used on this course.

Where am I going?

For the future I would like to be the best of the best in Digital Media. I would like to see myself gain a job in the Interactive Media area, mainly in a small business to start with, and then advance to freelance when I have a bigger client base behind me with repeat work. This however will not come easily, so in order to get there I am going to work hard and to produce work to the best of my ability, learning as much about the software used as possible.

No comments: