Friday, September 29, 2006

Finally I get to draw...

As you can probably guess from the title this week I got to draw.

We started of Wednesday learning PageMaker, which I have to say is not easy, but as we need to use it for assignments I guess it's true what they say 'Practice Makes Perfect'.

Following Steve's clear instructions I managed to amaze myself and get the first exercise right. It felt good to be able to take 1 picture, 1 block of text, a header and a sub header and turn it into something that looked appealing. After being let loose, I found it to be more difiicult laying out the content, but I do know when a design is wrong.

Wednesday night came and, sat alone at home with nothing to do, I decided to grab a pencil and start the final [none digital] screen designs. After about 10-15 minutes I found myself designing what could be a well thought out website and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I guess anything beats report writing.

Friday came and again we had another visit from Helen Rivron, this week showing us the best ways to take notes. I have to admit that some of what Helen said made sense, and it showed me that i'm not the best at note taking. If anything I've learnt that I need a structure to my notes incase I need to turn back to them in the future. With nearly all the assignment done I feel that i'm totally in control of this assignment, something which I've never really felt before.

No comments: