Thursday, March 29, 2007

Logo Finished, Time for a Jubilee

Task 1 is now almost if not completely finished and I have a logo. All I need to do is convert my two letters to become a single outline shape. This is my final idea. The next big task to be finished by the end of the holiday is the Style Guide and all the creative work to go with it. Sounds a lot? Not really as it is a case of create the rules and then stick to them. A new feature brought to this week was a 'Crit Session'. This involved me putting my four logos on the wall and then discussing, then having my peers tell me which one they thought was the best and this is below. I am a bit indecisive about whether to use a white background or the blue (Pantone 628).



I had originally made a baby mistake and that was putting a too small keyline on the outside. As the logo is shrunk, to go on a business card for example, and the keyline is lost. Having been told about this I should have really remembered but I guess you just sometimes learn by getting it wrong.

Time planning has improved a lot for me and I feel that a merit is closer than I hoped. Which is something I really hope to get one as I have put a lot of work in so far.

I started to design the Business Card but have been advised that it is a more efficient way to do the Style Guide rules first then all the other things fall into place. I have chosen to do a simpler design for this as it is more on the Styles than how it looks. I am attempting to complete it in full CSS including the layout and this is proving to be easier than expected. I have had a few problems with cross browser compatibility but these have been resolved with a few more wise words from the CSS Guru,
Craig.

Assignments back and I have got a referral on one and a pass on the other, if anything I thought they'd be the other way around. I am however really happy to have passed Revert to Type as I don't have to do the Presentation again.

Anyway this holiday I'm going to have to forage about for some extra bits of research e.g. Letterheads and Email Templates as I don't really know what goes on an email template. I also need a few 'spacey' themed CD labels/covers as well to give me some inspiration.

6 comments:

Craig Burgess said...

I think your logo will look better with a white background. It would have been nice to see a bit of a comparison so I could see the difference, but no matter.

Ultimately though, it's your choice.

J.Milsom said...

I wouldn't mind seeign your logo with a white background to compare, the two. I feel with a white background it'd give a much "cleaner" appearance

Ben Waller said...

Yes I think that you may achieve better contrast by using a white background or you could even use a black background with white text.

Dean said...

I prime example of getting good feedback from your peers. Your logo now 'looks' like a logo. But I agree with trying it in white. Maybe even a bright colour.

Chris Towell said...

Thanks for the feedback I was leaning more and more towards the white background now anyway

Scott Dunwoodie said...

I like your logo it actually does remind me of a record label(which is good!) I would try and use an italic font for the AW.

Maybe try different colour ways in your "Style Guide".

Just a thought!