Sunday, March 04, 2007

Down Among the Dead Men

I think I'll start with the highlight of the week and that was when an ex student of Steve's Jonny Haynes came to talk to us. He currently works for www.technophobia.com which is a design company in Sheffield. He showed us his portfolio and talked a bit about where he works and what it is like. It was amazing to see how laid back he was both dress wise and attitude. Looking at his portfolio though he has done some really good work.

The next best highlight was receiving the book I ordered of Amazon. The Flash Cartoon Animation: Learn from the Pros. This book has been written by 2 people who work for Disney. I feel that I would prefer to work in animation and this book, having briefly flicked through it, has got everything I will ever need to know about the principles and key stages of creating an animated video.

Now to the Blog Title. This week saw the dry run of our presentation and for some bizarre, strange, out of this world reason I was absolutely petrified. Out of all the presentations I have ever done this was by far the worst and I can't start to even explain why. First of all I was forgetting words and the biggest stupidest mistake was I referred to a font as being sans-serif instead of serif!

And finally back to the biggest highlight of the weekend. I have seen Ghost Rider at last!! The film was without a doubt a contender for best Marvel film released (and that is saying a lot from me when I regard Spider-man 2 as being the best). I would even go as far as saying that it may be bigger than Spider-man 3 but we'll have to wait and see. With quite possibly the best special effects and best use of characters Ghost Rider was fantastic and even Nicholas Cage did the Rider 'Justice'. My only concern was that Blackheart was not used to his full potiential and remained mostly human until his transformation into Legion.

In closing I have recently discovered that the shop I work at is being closed so in less than a month I will be unemployed! What a week for me?

1 comment:

Craig Burgess said...

I felt a bit nervous with my colour presentation when I did that. It just happens sometimes, you just have off-days so it can't really be helped.

Just try not to build up the real one and you should be alright.