Wednesday, October 31, 2007

3 Songs

For the Culture Vulture assignment we have been given the sub task to create a CD. As a listen while you design exercise we are to create an hour long CD to listen to while we do the creative work. This blog is to pick out the 3 main songs and

My first choice is the Bartender and the Thief by the Stereophonics. This is probably the first song I heard from them and got me into them. Taken from their second album Performance and Cocktails this song has always stayed with me and is the song I wanted to hear most when I went to see them live two years ago in October.

Signal Fire - Snow Patrol. This is an obvious choice as it is the first song from the Spider-Man 3 soundtrack and possibly only one of the two songs I actually like on the CD. Everytime I hear this song I immediately think of the film. It was also used as the music for the credits.

The End of Heartache - Killswitch Engage. Im not really into screaming shouting music and this is what I heard this band to be. It now is one of the most listened to songs on my iPod and is the credits music for the amazing (but could have been better from the game point of view) film Resident Evil Apocalypse. I think this is the perfect song to end this film with.

9 comments:

Craig Burgess said...

Wow, I didn't expect to see some Killswitch Engage on any of these CDs. Should wake people up.

Suzanne Hullah said...

Killswitch engage are a regular in my itunes at home, although some of their music is shouty and screamy the actual music and lyrics are really good. but as craig has said, it was definately wake people up! specially in comparison to your other songs.

Chris Towell said...

It is the only song of theirs I have listened to and I really like it. I agree it may wake a few people up.

I have to admmit I like the lyrics to this song and actually bought the soundtrack before the film, as you do, and found I only like about 3 of this CD, Killswitch being one of them.

@Suzanne - Steve wanted a diverse range of music so I couldn't think of 3 songs more diverse.

Tom Smith said...

Bartender and the Thief- absolute quality!

Not really bothered about Stereophonics anymore, but there first couple of albums were brilliant!

Suzanne Hullah said...

oh wow yes, you've definately gone for three diverse ones!

Chris Towell said...

@Tom - It is great dunno whether to put live version or because it's just as good. Probably put album version on. I couldn't say which album I like best but it would be between "Language, Sex, Violence, Other?" or "Word Gets Around".

!!How could I miss out A Thousand Trees!! or Dakota or Rewind or Just Looking!!

@Suzanne - I don't really have a specific genre of music I tend to listen to but my iTunes store gets visited a bit too much.

Craig Allington said...

Shock from Sponge. Would never have expected songs from Stereophonics or Spidey films.

Agree though, never had you down as a Killswitch fan. Saying that never had Craig down to be into the kind of music hes in to.

These CDs may shock quite a lot of people.

Chris Towell said...

I would appreciate not being called 'Sponge' on the online learning journal thankyou.

As for your comment Craig I am a huge fan of the Stereophonics as you are a fan of Muse.

The Killswitch song it is only the one song I have heard so it's purely on from the Resident Evil soundtrack.

I agree some of these CD's are going to be predictable and some are going to shock people I'm looking forward to listening to them all though.

Anonymous said...

Go on Chris, tell everyone what else you've been asked to include on your CD ... and why.