Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Any Work?

The Job: Junior Web Designer
Salary: £16,000 - £20,000


Full time in house designer, will require you to create new website concepts, update existing websites and create online marketing material. Must supply portfolio of existing work, have a keen eye for detail, good communication and good enthusiasm.

Why do you want this job?
I would like to start a career in design. I have been interested in the area of design for some time now and have developed a great interest in it. This job would give me the ability to express my skills at designing and I think I would be a good asset to your design team.

What is your greatest strength?
My greatest strength is the willingness to learn new things. I am someone who would like to learn as much as I can about a subject and try to greater my skills in them. I see this as a strength because I am not afraid to learn if I am unsure about how to complete any given task.

What is your greatest weakness?
I think my greatest weakness is not having much commercial design experience. As I am still studying the HND Interactive Media I have not been able to complete any outside work.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
As I am an ambitious person I would like to progress through the company and eventually lead my own team of designers. Through this I would also hope to have been given the opportunity to open up my own branched team from your company and help the company grow throughout the UK gaining experience as I progress.

What current multimedia innovation excites you the most?
Flash is a multimedia technology that is something that I would like to work with in a commercial environment. This can allow good interactivity for a site and is a way of keeping the user entertained as long as it is used correctly. As I am currently teaching myself about this software this drives my enthusiasm of using the software.

Who is your hero and why?
My hero Stan Lee because of the way he has developed a small company into a world wide brand. His imagination amongst other things has probably been the reason for me wanting to become a designer and feel that I have learned a great deal from him.

No comments: