Monday, October 15, 2007

Bills to pay but still no job...

I firmly believe that punctuality is possibly the best characteristic to have as no one likes to be kept waiting, even if it is for the Queen. I always like to arrive about 10-15 minutes early as I think it shows a person who is dependable and enthusiastic.

Although I may tell a few white lies I feel it best to be honest even if people do not believe you sometimes and I like to think that I am thoughtful. In a team I would probably be the person who asks if everyone is okay and getting the drinks in at tea breaks etc.

I don't know if I understood the question right for no2. I assumed by effective it meant does it meet the brief as every design concept from a client will have a brief. I think that if it passes a brief then yes it was successful.

For criticism like I said it totally depends what mood i'm in. If i'm in a good mood i'll take it with a pinch of salt and say thanks and ask for reasons why its not good yet. If i'm in a bad/upset mood I will maybe see it as a personal attack. In genereal I can normally take it ok but I do not like criticism if somebody is saying it just to say it.

I am glad to say I am over the Photoshop issue, looking back I have learnt so much and am still learning. Before opening Photoshop was a daunting thought especially with the Photo Restoration task. To start with I absolutely hated it but when I gave up whinging about it and got down to work I ended up with something that I was proud of.

Team work is something I look forward to and I hope that I am a good team player. I sometimes get angry when people don't pull their own weight or if tasks need doing and I'm working and other members are sat around doing nothing. I have done a bit of group work in past courses and have also worked in retail teams, in which I also had the chance to manage them.

I feel that asking questions in an interview is a good way to show off your interest/enthusiasm about the job. I don't even think there should be a limit to the questions you ask as long as you have already researched into the company and could not find the answers. I think that personality can also shine through when asking questions as I feel I get less nervous as the interview progresses. I am nearly at the point when I'm not really nervous anymore but I can remember my first job interview which was quite terrifying to say the least. Saying that I got the job and worked for their company for 3 years.

1 comment:

Craig Burgess said...

The whole criticism thing comes with time. It isn't an instant thing, and it's quite normal for us to be not great at handling criticism before we get a job in the industry.

Having said that though, it is one of the most important things to get used to, as the whole industry is based around it. If you hold your work too close to your heart and you can't take what others have to say, then you won't get very far.

I think it would be a valid goal in your evaluation (or even your learning journal) to set yourself to become more easy with taking criticism. It would help you so much when it comes to the end of the course.