Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Second Interview

1. Describe yourself in 3 words
Punctual, Honest, Thoughtful

2. How would you measure the effectiveness of your interactive media products?
It depends on what is meant, in a precise sense you can measure the effectiveness by looking at a counter website which measures the amount of times a website has been viewed. The other sense is does it meet the brief? In this sense I believe that most of my later IM products are effective as they do what the assignment brief required.

3. How do you handle criticism?
I can generally take criticism well, on my work, but sometimes it can be taken badly if I have spent a long time on a piece of work. I am learning to adjust to this and see it not as an 'attack' against my work but more of constructive criticism eventually helping me to create a solution that is best for the task at hand.

4. Describe a difficult problem you have had and how you've solved it
At the beginning of my first year at Wakefield college I knew very little about Photoshop and had barely used it. I took it upon myself to learn it in my own time following online tutorials and now feel I am quite good at using the software.

5. Describe how you fit into a team
In a team I manage to fit in quite quickly and am not afraid to share my views on a project. I have worked in teams before so I am not new to this. I think I bring to the team good ideas and solutions to problems for the task at hand. I am a good coder and designer in Photoshop and Flash so I could partake in a number of roles in the group.

6. Any other questions?

Is there a possibility of promotion?

Will I get the chance to lead my own team?

Will there be the chance to work abroad?

3 comments:

Mirhad Kalabic said...

I think the questions you chose at the end show that you are looking to improve, but not only that, improve whilst still being at the company.

They're great questions and are very posative from a psychological point of view.

Scott Dunwoodie said...

I think you have improved with your Photoshop skills too. I have noticed a much more confident approach to using it.

When we first used it in college you seemed to be struggling to get to grips with it.

As you have explained with a bit of self study and completing tutorials you have learned a new skill.

Well done!

Chris Towell said...

Thank you for the comments. I would hope to be with a company for a good few years (If I were to go down that route) I don't think it is fair to get the job just to say you've got it and then move on a couple of months later. I think that shows bad character and that you are not willing to stick things out.

I would love to travel in my work as well spreading my designs across the globe eventually getting fame (or notoriety) for them. It would be good experience working abroad and being able to see all the differnet cultural designs.

@Scott. Thank you. I feel I have got a greater confidence in doing this and it is a very good skill to have. To an employer its two positions filled by one person. Why employ 2 people (2 salaries) when you can employ 1 at perhaps x1.5 salary? I know who I'd employ. Then when the company expands and needs an extra person I would probably look for another multi-skilled employee.